Physiotherapist Tegan Brotherton has been successful in gaining a scholarship to futher her study in the area of Women's Health.
Tegan currently works at our Merimbula clinic.
2019 will see Tegan attend 2 courses held by the Women's Health Training Institue.
The courses are:
- Advanced Pelvic Floor Course: prolapse and stress incontinence including practical session on fitting, insertion and removal of support pessaries.
- Advcance Pelvic Floor Course: Exercise sport and musculoskeletal dysfunction. This course looks at:
- Adult/parous females with pelvic floor dysfunction: how to give advice regarding exercise and sport to the adult female with pelvic floor dysfunction
- The nulliparous Female elite athlete: Implications of high impact sport on the pelvic floor. Risk factors, long term implications when to intervene
- Pelvic floor dysfunction leading to musculoskeletal symptoms
- Musculoskeletal disorders leading to the lower urinary tract, pelvic floor and genital symptoms
Congratulations Tegan on being awarded this scholarship to further your Women's Health physiotherapy skills.