We are excited to announce that Children’s health services in the Snowy Mountains have increased now that Carla Presbury, Paediatric Physiotherapist has joined the team at Snowy Mountains Physiotherapy!
Carla Presbury is specially trained in paediatrics and is able to provide assessment and evidence-based intervention for babies and children with a variety of conditions or difficulties:
- premature babies
- babies showing a delay in their developmental milestones including difficulties with tummy time
- babies with a preference for looking to one side or torticollis
- flattened or mis-shaped head
- hip dysplasia assessment
- clumsiness or lack of coordination
- assessment of walking pattern (in-toeing, bow-legs, toe-walking)
- Erb’s Palsy or Brachial Plexus lesions
- Cerebral Palsy and other neurological conditions
Treatment sessions are individually tailored to each infants needs and take into account the child’s personality, early life experiences, the family context and any neurological or musculoskeletal conditions. Both home visits and centre-based intervention are available in Cooma and Jindabyne.
In most cases, the earlier assessment and intervention is provided, the greater the improvement in treatment outcomes.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us to discuss whether physiotherapy is likely to be beneficial to your child.
No referral is necessary but we welcome referrals from GPs, nurses, paediatricians, other specialists and other allied health staff. Private health rebates apply and we are a Better start authorised provider.
Call 6457 2627 to book in an appointment for your child with Carla.